Monday, April 13, 2009

12,000 restored as of 7 p.m.

More than 12,000 of the 17,000 members that were without power caused by Sunday night's thunderstorms and strong wind have power back as of 7 p.m.

There are still approximately 4,900 members without power. Cullman EC's linemen crews will work throughout the night to make repairs. The Cullman Power Board has extended its hand in helping the co-op get everyone back, and several crews from a co-op in Pratville, AL, are scheduled to arrive Tuesday morning to assist as well.

The official press release has now been posted on the Cullman EC web site.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am still without power but am now down in Birminhgam at an apartment I have there. My point in commenting is to thank you for the blog and updates. I was unable all day yesterday to reach you by phone, and now I know where I can go for updates! In Crane Hill/ Rock Creek area of Winston County on Smith.